General terms and conditions
The following T&Cs apply to all orders placed via our online shop.
These T&Cs also apply to businesses for future commercial relations without the need for any formal expression thereof. Unless expressly approved by us to the contrary, we cannot accept the contractual validity of any conflicting or complementary general terms and conditions used by any business.
2. Contractual partner, formation of contract
We are Augustus Pte Ltd, (Company Registration No. 201432102C), trading as (hereinafter referred to as “Muehle Shaving Singapore”, “Muhle Shaving Singapore”, “Mühle Shaving Singapore”, “we” or “us”).
The purchase contract is concluded with Augustus Pte., Ltd.
The display of products within the online shop constitutes a binding offer on our part to enter into a contract vis-à-vis the items. You may place our products in your basket without obligation and amend your entries at any time prior to submitting a binding order by using the correction facilities that are provided for this purpose and explained during the ordering process. The contract is formed by clicking on the order button which indicates your acceptance of our offer concerning the goods contained in your basket. Once you have sent your order you will immediately receive a confirmation via e-mail.
“Website” and “Site” means any additions, amendments or extensions to the website, and any mobile applications based on the website or its contents, therein.
We use either the term “Visitors” or “You” to include any person that accesses our Website at any point for any amount of time.
“Goods” and “Products” means any items which we sell to you and which you buy from us in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
“Working Days” refer to any day(s) during which banks are generally open for business in Singapore.
These Terms and Conditions inform visitors of the terms and conditions, rules and policies that govern our Website. They shall apply to all orders placed with Augustus Pte Ltd and to all Goods, Products and related services offered on or related to muehle-shaving.com.sg. We reserve the absolute right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice to you. The most current Terms and Conditions will be made available for you to read at the time you place an order. By accessing or utilizing our Website, regardless of whether or not you place an order, you are agreeing to full, unconditional and unreserved acceptance of the most current Terms and Conditions without exception. If you do not agree to any part of these Terms and Conditions then you must immediately stop utilizing the Website.
From time to time, we reserve the absolute right to restrict access to some parts of Muehle Shaving Singapore, or our entire Website, to our visitors without prior notice to you or any other party. We will not be liable for damages or other inconvenience to you if for any reason Muehle Shaving Singapore is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You agree that you may not and will not hold yourself out as a representative, agent, or employee of Augustus Pte Ltd, and we shall not be liable for any representation, act, or omission on your part.
3. Contract language, saving of the contract text
The languages available for concluding the contract is English.
We save the text of the contract and forward the order data and our T&Cs to you by e-mail. You may also view the text of the contract in our customer login area.
4. Price and Availability
- All prices are stated in Singapore Dollars (S$). Only domestic shipping within Singapore is free of charge. For overseas sipping, prices do not include shipping costs, which will automatically be calculated and indicated on your purchase order based on your selected delivery option (in your shopping cart). You should contact your credit card company or payment provider for exact information about their exchange rates. We shall not be responsible for any exchange rate or extra commission that may be charged by your credit card company or payment provider.
- For overseas shipping, delivery costs will be chargeable in addition to the price of Goods displayed, and any applicable taxes and any other costs may be displayed from time to time, unless otherwise specified in the Website. Such additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable and included in the ‘Total Price’.
- While we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on the Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any Goods which you have ordered we will inform you of the pricing error as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund. You agree that we shall not be liable for any losses that result as a result of the foregoing.
- Please be advised that orders delivered outside Singapore may be subject to local taxes, import duties or customs charges. You are responsible for paying any import duty that may be payable on the Goods when they reach their destination and such additional charges may not be included or reflected in the ‘Total Price’ displayed by the Website at the time you place the order or make payment to us.
5. Placing an Order
- Your shopping cart is your purchase order.
- The description and pictures of the Goods are for information and illustration only. Although we try to be as precise and exact as possible we cannot guarantee that they are an accurate representation of the items you choose to order.
- If you choose to place an order, you will need to enter the information required for billing and delivery of the items. The information that you provide will then be binding on you and shall constitute a representation by you to us. In the case of an error in the delivery details, Augustus Pte Ltd assumes no liability for any inability to deliver the item(s).
- After submitting your details, you will be asked to choose your payment method. Your order will automatically be submitted and will constitute an irrevocable commitment on your part to purchase the Good(s) ordered, which can only be contested in the specific cases stipulated herein.
- All orders are considered firm and may only be cancelled with Augustus Pte Ltd’s consent, and under conditions that will indemnify Augustus Pte Ltd and our agents against any harm or damage incurred as a result of the cancellation.
6. Order Confirmation
- Once your order has been placed, you will receive an email summarizing the details of your order. Our email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order. A contract between us for the purchase of Goods ordered will not be formed until your payment has been approved and we have debited your credit or debit card, or your funds have been confirmed as cleared through any other accepted payment method (as the case may be).
- You shall be solely responsible for providing us with the correct email address in the registration form.
- Augustus Pte Ltd reserves the right to refuse an order for any reason whatsoever (including, but not limited to, problems with the order, with stock levels, payment issues, etc.). Within ten (10) Working Days from the date of receipt of your order, we will inform you if we are unable to fulfill your order and to ask you to either change or cancel it.
- Payment in full is due upon checkout.
- All credit card and debit card payments are subject to authorisation by the relevant card issuer. We will not despatch the Goods to you until your payment is authorised/confirmed and received by us. We will not be liable for any delay in supplying or non-supply of the Goods resulting from your card issuer’s delay in authorising, or refusal to authorise, payment on your credit card or debit card.
- The order is stipulated as being irrevocable, paid in cash, net and with no discounts.
- Please note that when shipping an order to an address different from your billing address we might decide to contact you or obtain information from third parties to verify your details. We might do so to prevent your credit/debit card, payment and personal details from being used fraudulently.
The following payment methods are basically available in our online shop:
During the ordering process you will be forwarded to PayPal’s online website. To pay the invoice amount via PayPal, you must be registered there or register first, identify yourself with your access data and confirm the payment instructions to us. After submitting your order in the shop we instruct PayPal to initiate the payment transaction.
Directly afterwards, the payment transaction is carried out automatically by PayPal. You will receive additional information during the ordering process.
Select between a direct bank transfer, PayNow or PayLah. Please use your Order ID as the payment reference.
8. Payment Security
- No payment card information is kept on our Website. We do not have access to your payment card details. We utilise industry-standard [Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of sensitive information such as your name, address, phone number and payment card details. Any information you send to our Website cannot be read by someone else who intercepts it.
- For security reasons, do not include your payment card or related details in any email that you send to us. We accept no responsibility for the security of payment card details that are provided to us in an unsolicited manner.
- We will never ask for your personal details, bank account or payment card details in any email. If you receive such solicitations purportedly from us, please do not respond and report such solicitations to us immediately.
9. Delivery conditions
We only dispatch goods en route; pick up by the customer is not possible.
- Please make sure the e-mail address and phone number you give us is correct so that we may contact you timely.
- Delivery timescales and fees are specified on the Website. We make every reasonable effort to deliver your order within the estimated timescales, however delays are occasionally inevitable. In case of a significant delay, we may offer compensation in the form we deem suitable given the circumstances. Nonetheless, we shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the products within the estimated timescales. If you have not received the Goods within 7 days (Singapore deliveries), please contact us to inquire for a parcel search.
- When deliveries will need to be signed for, you will need to ensure that someone over the age of 21 is available at the delivery address to sign for the Goods.
- If no one is available you will be left with instructions at your address to inform you that the Goods are available for delivery and how to arrange for re-delivery or collection of the Goods.
- If the Goods are returned to us because they were not delivered or collected or because the delivery address that you have given us is wrong, we reserve the right to refund the price of the products in the form of store credits or cash refund; the return shipping costs will remain at the customer’s expense.
- All items purchased from Augustus Pte Ltd are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for all Goods pass to you upon our delivery of the Goods to the shipping agent or carrier.
- If the goods are delivered with obvious damage caused during delivery, please report the defect to the carrier and notify us without delay. Failure to make a complaint or to make contact does not in any way affect your legal rights or the enforcement of such rights, notably your warranty rights. However, in doing so you help us to assert our own claims against the carrier or transport insurer.
10. Account Security
- We may from time to time at our discretion provide you with the ability to create an account with us.
- You must keep your account information up-to-date and accurate at all times, including providing a valid email address. You may not transfer, share, make available or sell your Muehle (or “Muehle” or “Mühle”) Shaving Singapore account and User ID to another party.
- It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. You are fully responsible for all activity, liability and damage that may result from any activity made under or using your account. You are also solely responsible for your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your account password. You agree to immediately notify Muehle (or “Muehle” or “Mühle”) Shaving Singapore of any unauthorized use of your password or any breach of security. You also agree that Muehle (or “Muehle” or “Mühle”) Shaving Singapore cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to keep your password secure.
11. Retention of title
The goods shall remain our property until full payment is made.
For businesses, the following applies additionally: We reserve ownership of the goods until complete settlement of all claims arising from a current business relationship. You may resell reserved goods in ordinary business operations; you shall assign any claims arising from this resale – irrespective of connecting or mixing of the reserved goods with a new item – in the amount of the invoice amount to us in advance, and we accept this assignment. You remain authorised to collect the claims; however, we may likewise collect the claims ourselves, should you fail to fulfil your payment obligations.
12. Warranty and guarantees
Unless expressly agreed otherwise below, the law governing liability for defects shall apply.
We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract.
For consumers, statutory warranty rights governed by the law of the country where the consumer has his habitual residence apply.
For businesses, the limitation period for claims for defects is one year from transfer of risk; the statutory limitation periods for the recourse claim under Section 478 BGB [German Civil Code] remain unaffected. With respect to businesses, only our own information and the manufacturer’s product descriptions, which have been included in the contract, are regarded as the agreement regarding the quality of the goods; we assume no liability for public statements of the manufacturer or other advertising statements. If the delivered item is defective, we may initially choose, with respect to entrepreneurs, whether we will provide supplementary performance by rectifying the defect (repair) or by delivering a non-defective item (replacement delivery), at our discretion.
The aforementioned restrictions and shortened time limit do not apply to claims for damages, which have been caused by us, our legal representatives or legal agents
- for injury to life, limb or health
- for deliberate or grossly negligent breach of duty, as well as fraud
- for breach of material contractual obligations, the fulfilment of which make the proper execution of the contract possible at all and which the contracting parties may generally rely on and trust in being complied with
- within the context of a guarantee commitment, where agreed.
Information on any additional guarantees and their precise conditions that may apply can be found next to the product and on specific information pages in the shop, if applicable.
Complaints can be submitted by consumers and businesses to our contact details given in the supplier identification.
When you exercise your warranty rights and we deem it necessary to receive the goods back in order to examine your complaint, you must send back the goods at our cost to the address given above. We are committed to respond to any complaint immediately, but no later than within 14 days of its submission.
13. Limitation of Liability
- You hereby acknowledge and agree that Augustus Pte Ltd shall not be responsible for and hereby disclaims all liability for any loss, liability, damage, personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) which may be suffered by you or any third party (including your company), as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to your access and use of the Website, any information contained on the Website, your or your company’s personal information or material and information transmitted over our system.
- We endeavour to ensure that the information or content such as any graphics, photographs, including all image rights, sounds, music, video, audio or text on our Website is as accurate as possible and up to date. However, we do not give any warranty as to its accuracy and we will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results arising from the use of such information.
- Without in any way limiting any of the other provision, limitations or disclaimers in these Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge and agree that we will not be liable for any loss, liability, damage, personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
- loss or damage was not foreseeable to both parties when these Terms and Conditions were entered; or
- loss or damage was not caused by any breach on our part; or
- loss or damage relates to business and/or non-consumers.
- Without in any way limiting any of the other provision, limitations or disclaimers in these Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge and agree that we will not be liable for any loss, liability, damage, personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) caused by any mishandling or misuse of the Goods after they are received.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Augustus Pte Ltd, its directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents, and affiliates, from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use of the Website, your use of the Goods, or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Maximum liability: notwithstanding any other provision of these terms & conditions, our maximum cumulative liability to you or to any other party (if any) for all losses under, arising out of or relating to the sale of a good or your use of this website, will not exceed the sum that you have paid to us for that Goods.
14. Limited Representations or Warranties Relating to Goods
Without prejudice to the generality of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions:
- We, our subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, and our suppliers provide the website and all of our services “as is” and to the fullest extent permitted by law, without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. We, our subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees and our suppliers specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement in relation to the website. In addition, no advice or information (oral or written) obtained by you from us shall create any representation or warranty. Some territories do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you;
- no condition is made or to be implied nor is any warranty given or to be implied that the Goods will be suitable for any particular purpose or use under any specific conditions;
- we are only obliged to deliver Goods in accordance with the general description under which they were sold.
- we do not give any warranty as to the quality, state, condition or fitness of the Goods;
- we are under no liability to you or any third parties if you make improper repair of defects in Goods, make alteration to the Goods, or make any addition and insertion of parts in the Goods;
- we shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from unsuitable or improper use, fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, negligent handling, excessive load, failure to follow care or use instructions, misuse or alteration or repair of the Goods;
- we shall be under no liability to you for any reason whatsoever if you have failed to make payment for a Good; and
- we shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any Goods after the expiry of the applicable warranty period (if any).
You agree to indemnify and hold us and our parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these terms and conditions or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
16. Third Party Rights
Unless expressly provided to the contrary in these Terms and Conditions, a person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act, Chapter 53B of Singapore to enforce or to enjoy the benefit of any term of these Terms and Conditions, even if that person has relied on any such term or has indicated to any party to these Terms and Conditions its assent to any such term.
17. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions together with all our policies and procedures are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and the relevant courts of Singapore will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute that may relate to these Terms and Conditions and all such policies and procedures. All matters related to the Terms and Conditions shall be concluded in English.
18. Use of this Website from Outside Singapore
Except where otherwise specified on this Website, the materials on this Website are displayed solely for the purposes of promoting Augustus Pte Ltd products and services available in Singapore. However we may accept orders for delivery to locations outside of Singapore subject to customs, legal, regulatory and certain practical restrictions.
Those who choose to access this Website from locations outside Singapore or place orders for delivery to locations outside Singapore are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Augustus Pte Ltd and its agents accept no responsibility or liability for the customer’s compliance or lack thereof with such local laws outside of Singapore in conjunction with your use of the Website.
Your liability hereunder shall not be impaired or discharged by reason of any time or grace or other indulgence being granted by or with our consent or any forbearance by us to insist upon our strict rights hereunder.
No omission or delay on our part in exercising any right, power or privilege hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof; nor shall any single or partial exercise of any such right, power or privilege preclude any other or further exercise thereof or of any other right, power or privilege. The rights and remedies herein provided are cumulative with and not exclusive of any rights or remedies provided by law.
There shall be no waiver of any term, provision or condition of this Agreement unless such waiver is evidenced in writing and signed by us.
20. Entire Agreement
These Terms and Conditions set out the entire agreement between you and us and supersede any and all prior terms and conditions to the fullest extent permitted by law. Augustus Pte Ltd makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express, implied in law or residual) regarding the Website or any Goods.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
22. Intellectual Property Rights
- You agree and acknowledge that we own or are licensed to use all copyright, designs, database rights, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights, including the software, the structure, the layout, and the design of the Website as well as these Terms and Conditions and the related rules and policies contained therein (collectively, the “Content”). All such Content, including third party trademarks, designs and related intellectual property rights mentioned or displayed on this Site are protected by local and international intellectual property laws. Any reproduction or redistribution of the above listed Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties.
- All rights on our Website are owned by us. The Website is for personal and non-commercial use only. Any attempt to copy, store or share content and information for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited. You must not, except with our express written permission, attempt (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to attempt) to copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works from our Website. Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademark, copyright or other intellectual property right without the prior written permission of Augustus Pte Ltd.
- You may not use our Site, or any of its Content, to further any commercial purpose, including any advertising or advertising revenue generation activity on your own site or utilizing any mobile application or platform.
- All persons, individual and corporate, are prohibited from providing hypertext or other links to our Website or Content, other than to our home page, from their own website or from a third party’s website, without our prior written consent which, such consent may be withdrawn without notice. You may link to our home page from any website that is owned by you, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You further agree and acknowledge that we are licensed to use, in perpetuity, all intellectual property rights based on user-generated material contributed to the Website (including material you may post on our Website as a user or customer related to the Website’s Products, services, design and operation) and that such user-generated material is included within the definition of Content above.